Sunday, February 26, 2017

IV free.....  but pic line still in.
Meds are all oral, and working.
Kidneys are good on their own... no lasix

He is up and moving....  he actually made a whole lap around the CVICU by himself pushing a wheel chair with his spaghetti wires, his portable oxygen tank....  BUT ALL BY HIMSELF......

I still cannot believe his progress, and his positive outlook...

The doctors are planning on doing a cath probe on Wednesday. This will be in preparation for an LVAD, which is like a portable heart pump..... this will all hopefully be steps to getting a heart transplant.

This has been such a wacky month, that I am still not sure of even what day of the week it is.... just glad it is a short month.... ready for March, so we can march on....  oh, and it is an early spring....  everything is in glorioys bloom...  the pear trees, the jonquils, the tulip trees, and even the forsythia.... just beautiful looking through my happy eyes....

I dont dare name all of our nurses because I would not want to miss any....  these are the best ones ever...  but then it is Arkansas....  a coupke are studying to be CNA, most are way older that zinwould have guessed, they look like teenagers...  but they are excellent, and so caring.....

I do want to thank my cousin Susan.... if you hadnt written a blog for Peter, I might not have thought of it.... because I really do not like to write, but it is therapeutic for me...


4 comments:

  1. My humble opinion: Larry fighting, Di supporting, Dr/Nurse team, Family support, and somewhere in there Mutant Prayers.. But most of all, my Lord helps those that help themselves & he has blessed all of the above... Just my humble opinion & I offer prayers of thanksgiving !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, we are so glad that you created this blog. It is the first thing I look at in the morning, check it throughout the day and look at it before turning in for a nights sleep.

    Tonight was Thai food with Sue, Martin, Barb and us. Tomorrow the rest of us have to depart until the next time. Really hoping you both can make it. Don't be surprised if we show up in LR when Larry is up to it.

    Also very happy to hear of his progress, but he still is ugly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep fighting Larry. You are so strong. I'm very happy to hear this news. Keeping your close to my heart. God is watching over you. Love you bunches xoxo Lil sister xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mutant ommms, as ypu know, continue as Larry continues his step by step progress. Doin the happy dance! Hope you are able to get some good rest to keep up your own strength. Any word on the pups? Missed you at Pima! Were your ears burning?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.