Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Tuesday FEB 21, 10 am
update

Still in the ICU,  but get great care, and I love the nurses....   have liked the majority of the doctors as well..

Mentioned possibility of step down room today, but now it will not be until tomorrow.  Still looking at 10-14 days in that room, then possibly rehab,

One improvement causes other complications, or so it seems...   he is doing better and able to sit in a chair, and is taking steps to the chair, not just shuffling....

Is is eating real food in small amounts.

Reduced down from 6 IV bags to 3 right now, names of them are not in my vocabulary.

Attitude not as up today as yesterday, because he much more aware, and now knows that is is aching and miserable...    

cards would be nice,    No flowers etc as we are still in ICU, also room number might change.

St Joseph Hospital-North,
4211 Van Dyke Road,      
Lutz, Florida   33558

I see improvement, but only by inches....  

I know you are all concerned and want updates, but it takes me 30 minutes to write an update, get it ready and send via 3 different avenues to about 20 people now.....  
sending to a group hasnt worked out because of different devices you all use.

Also, i started writing this an hour ago, between nurses, etc, 2 doctors, and others it is slow.
But no complaints from me, just will send as I can.....

Still trying to limit my calls, he just isnt up to conversations...
But i relay names of who are sending info.....  and can pull them up when he might feel like it.
Really cards right now would be huge.....

Ok another 40 minutes.......
Stopped heparin drip.
Moving him to PCU - Progressive Care Unit.

Room # is now 3277, which is a step up for him, but unfortunately for me, it means I am running myself ragged again.....  

I just cannot find time to update each of you as i want, and as you want....  so I am creating this blog to simplify for me.....  i can post as I have time, you can read as you have time......

I will not send out individual reports.....  i just cannot






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your post.