Monday, March 20, 2017

Today was a hard day for Larry.... he so wants to come home.... been 32 consecutive days plus the 4 days prior, but he is still retaining too much fluid especially in his legs....   just really need to get that off....  so back on the lasix drip.....

Dr Ransom was so nice... he did tell him that he wanted him to get outside today, so after lunch, i got the wheel chair, put the IV pump on battery, Larry was on battery already, so away we went...  managed ok, but as soon as we got outside, something started beeping...  i checked the IV, nope, knew it wasnt HeartMate batteries ( not loud enough), so i ginally realized it was the wireless heart monitor...  we were too far for telemetry to pick up...  so i just unplugged it...  well hell no, it kept on beeping, so Larry took the battery out...  that did it...dang little AA battery...  anyway he enjoyed the fresh air, but tired out fast...  guess i wasnt as good of a driver as I thought...  wheeling....

Got him back up safely, then told the nurse I was ready to do the driveline dressing...  she handed me the stuff and said, go for it... i kinda looked startled and said by myself.... she said yep.... you are checked off...  so I did it... Larry said I actually seemed more relaxed...  dont know about that, but I am proud that I can do this...  in a few months when it heals more and he goes to the sorbital clear dressings, he will need to learn it himself...

Anyway...  i am tired....  seems like I always am....   but enjoy these....  he wasnt happy that I pulled my camera out....  



5 comments:

  1. Nothing like getting outside to improve your outlook! It must be terribly frustrating and depressing to spend so much time in the hospital. Larry, we're praying for your recovery and hope you can go home soon. Thelma and Louise miss you! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure Larry feels like going outside is just a tease.........but better to stay till he is better than to go home and go back.............

    You're amazing Di - not only can you change the driveline now but your able to handle the ups and downs of it all with a smile on your face. You two are so good for each other and love each other so much.

    Before too long this too will pass. Hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...Larry was on battery already,"... and he keeps going, and going, and going, and ....... Mr. Energizer.

    Tell him he needs a haircut... belly seems to have shrunk.

    Still praying and waiting for the reallll good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, I am going to act like the older cousin! I want you to go home and rest most of the day, and go home early tonight and SLEEP! You do not need to be as exhausted as you were yesterday, and company is exhausting...I know that. I will come visit when you go home and have settled in. You must build up your strength for the stress you will feel when you first get home. Please do this for me...rest! It is like "running on empty", you need to fill up your tank of energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I cant see you, then I dont hear you....... smile... i am fine.... really

      Delete

Thank you for your post.