Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Larry is continuing to improve daily.....  both physically and mentally....   i posted on facebook about my visit this morning to UAMS.....  infusion center.

This is NOT a new condition for me, recurring....

 i had gastric bypass surgery years ago, as a result, by blood pressure is normal, cholesterol is normal, and I am no longer diabetic......  however one of the side effects that can happen after that surgery, is that I am now Iron Deficiency Anemic.....  my body cannot absorb iron through my digestive system, either from food or pills.  Seven years ago it had gotten so low that i could barely get from the bed to the couch....  this is not just iron in my circulatory system, but iron in my bone marrow,  so began the series of transfusions.....  they first though i would have to have these every 5 months or so, but after a few years we got it built up so that it lasted longer this time.  I do have this tested every 6 months at doctor checkups.

I could have waited a few months, but since I am Larrys primary caretaker, my doctor and I decided to go ahead before it got too low.....  no problems......  i drive myself, get hooked up to an IV, have the iron over a one hour infusion, then drive home...  will do this every Tuesday for a total of 7 weeks.... it is only scary before you know what it is......

He wanted to go with me, but I was more afraid of him picking up some illness.......




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your post.