Monday, June 12, 2017

Ups and down

I guess this is still part of getting adjusted to the new normal....  the ups and downs...

Ok....  the ups....
Truly was an up, revved up his rpm's last week and had a great weekend...  went to Dr office today for appointment, and finally he got to advance to every other day dressing changes, with a sorbiview shield dressing....  that also means he can begin to shower......   with a wrap around of press and seal plastic wrap, and putting his controller and batteries into his water bag....  but only every other day right before the dressing change.
Went out to eat lunch,

Downs.......
 got home, then Tori texted us with the labs....  so not good....  extremely low hemoglobin count, which means he needs blood....  go in tomorrow for transfusion, then will figure out what.....  Most probably a GI bleed...  so that means a round of more tests....

GI bleeds are more common with the HeartMate 2 than the 3, so were hoping he would not... but with  kidney disease, and diabetes the risk increases...  but this is probably what was causing his shortness of breath and sugar level jumping all over....

irony> I get my last iron infusion,of the series of 7, tomorrow......  my iron deficiency anemia...
but like I told Larry this afternoon, to me, he is still with me...  so that I am always on an up....


1 comment:

  1. Keep us in the loop!!! Sending prayers? Hugs and love to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.