Tuesday, March 7, 2017

8:00  i got kicked out of the hospital

Went in to see him...  he was awake, vent not out yet...  he had been in some pain, so they upped his meds and felt like he was not yet ready to take it out..

So I went over, touched his arm and forehead and he opened his eyes... i asked if he was in pain... he pointed to the vent tube....  i said they will take it out soon..  so he then started waving his hand....  i said Larry, calm down or I will have to leave and they will restrain your arm.... we had discussed this previously with the nurse before surgery.  he waved again, but with just bending his fingers in....  i looked at him, and said are you telling me bye....  he nodded and did it again....  he was telling me to go home......  smile

Spent a few more minutes talking to his night nurse,...  she only has him as her patient and will be there all night....

I will not go in tomorrow morning until 9;30 or 10....  they will be removing arterial line and stuff.
But I will no longer be on the two hour visitation....  i can come and go...

Thank you all for your concern....

One more quick note... when I came home, my two doors up neighbor was packing up their RV... they usually just weekend... but I stopped to talk to him... his wife is a RN...  and they are leaving on a 17 day trip to florida with their 3 kids....  i told him what happened, and I am pretty sure they will join FMCA by tomorrow....


4 comments:

  1. You do have a way w/ a story, Di! This has been one long journey full of stories, hasn't it? Now, Ole Grumpy is getting bossy already, so he must be getting better. May each tomorrow be better than the day before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry is on the mend my friend and you need some rest and "me" time. So relax and sleep well! Larry way to go!!! You're doing amazing on your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a blessing to hear this good news. You really do need to rest. My prayers and thoughts are with you. If/when you want me, I will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can picture every word you speak. My heart is heavy being so far away. I miss and love my dear brother. Please kiss him on that forehead from me please. Love you Larry ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.