Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Didnt post an update when I went in at 5....  just needed to take a break and leave for a short time.....
I ended up going to Target to ge more goodies for the nurses goody box....  it was empty....

Get to go back again at 8, then will go home for the night...

When I went in at 5:00 he was aware....  his numbers were all good.....  he opened his eyes, looked at me and smiled....  that was hard, cause the ventilator is still in...  but I held his arm, and rubbed his forehead like I usually do, and he would look at me....

If I could change places with him, I would in a heartbeat...  he does not do well with pain, while I have a higher pain tolerance....  it hurts me to see him hurt...  that is the hardest part of this....  that and I am worried about learning to operate the machine...  once I get the training, I know it will be easier... and the training manual says it becomes second nature...  it is just daunting....   but Larry and I have laughed, it does come with a car charger for the batteries....  and my jeep has a real 2 prong plug with an inverter.....  meant to be.....

I will post about my 8 o'clock visit after I get home...  this body is tiring fast...  trying my best to stay focused, but i feel the exhaustion tears are close....  need to wait until i get home first....

6 comments:

  1. Oh Di I wish I lived close by....so I could be there yo help between your visits. Take deep breaths my friend and know I am there in spirit. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, I know exhaustion can set in & take over; you do well to keep on as you do. The news sounds absolutely great otherwise.

    I was able to talk to FMCAssist at the rally this afternoon, & told them your story in brief. Wes asked your name, and recognized you. He said they have nurses in the office to make sure the patient is getting what is needed, & he was party to the conversations.

    Both Wes & the young woman in the booth were really pleased to have the feedback. They also sent good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, Friend. May Jesus send you peace and rest, and renew your energy for tomorrow. Thank you, God, for a successful surgery and for all the wonderful medical staff who are caring for you both. Lord, please send your healing and restoration. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying Di, you both hang in there. Every day is an improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strength amazes me but doesn't surprise me, you two are amazing people. I'm still praying and sending love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your strength amazes me but doesn't surprise me, you two are amazing people. I'm still praying and sending love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.