Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Asking for help is something I am still learning.....  

it does not come easy for me, never has...
Not asking for help led me to taking a bottle of sleeping pills 18 years ago after a divorce... not asking for help was the reason why I was working two jobs trying to keep it all together when Larry and I met....

Not asking for help has always been one of biggest obstacle to overcome.....  I was scared out of my mind last week when we flew into Little Rock.... It was midnight, I had no car, and had to call a taxi to take me to a very dark, very lonely house....  I reached out for help, but that person did not realize I needed help....

I did ask B/P to help with getting the rv and my pups back..  I would never have asked if I had know that they would have had trouble...

And today when all of this was happening so quickly, I did ask for help again.....  I am trying... Thank you Chuck and Sara for taking control... still no word on what is wrong with the rv... B/P and the pups are in a hotel.....right now...   a new adventure for the dogs.....

Thank you Colleen for being such a great spokesperson for our friends....

Before I left the hospital, Larry and I were talking and another patient in the CVICU walked by with his VAD....  and Larry was very positive and said I can do this... I can....  this is the unit we will be in until surgery, and will come back to....   he asks me for help... I need to learn from him....  all i know right now, it feels good to have hope, to have someone love me enough to want to stay with me longer....  i truly feel like our love story is not near the final chapter just yet....


5 comments:

  1. We are all here for you and Larry and waiting to help in anyway we can..........we love you both so much and can't wait to have a celebration GC........So ask Larry and you two tell us where it should be and we will plan it when the time come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's anything I can do to help you...please let me know! I mean that and remember how stubborn you were about asking for help! Prayers for you and Larry and hoping he will be back home with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I speak for Tim, Mary & Ann when I say:
    Please just mention any need you have, I dont consider it a request for help!
    I consider it a privilege to do something for you guys.
    Again, just mention something we can do for you.
    Continued prayers & love !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so afraid you were talking about me, when you reached out for help! You are going to just call me and just say "come get me", and I will be there! I thought you knew that I don't always read "messages" until the next day. I will always be here for you, but you have said "No visitors, no calls", so I feel so helpless. You have to just say outright what you need me to do! I have never done well with reading between the lines. CALL ME!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.