Friday, March 10, 2017

Larry walked a half lap......  did really good....  stepped not shuffled....  was on battery rather than wall charger...  i hooked them up.....   nurse said i was strong with it, that a lot of first timers are fumble fingers....   no sliding fingers for that...

Physical therapy came, did bed exercuses.....

Dieticians came in to visit with me....   his diet will again change as the Coumadin (Warfarin) interacts with some foods, especially vitamin K foods....  that needs to maintain level....  but I found a great site for meal planning.. Dr. Gourmet....  the dieticians use their information, but did not know there was a planner on it....  sometimes it feels really good for this old Home Ec major to teach youngers.....  my first job out of college was a Therapeutic Dietician at the hospital in Pine Bluff, AR.

Chest drain tubes will come out tomorrow...

will stay here in the cvicu until Monday, then plans are to move him to the LVAD training floor, think it is 8th...

I came in at 8am this morning, gonna go home after lunch and come back for dinner...
hmmm dinner and a movie?   He has ordered pizza....  he liked their pizza...

I feel more relaxed today...  not as worried about changing dressings, changing batteries, and just being able to deal with our new normal.....
WE is the word, they keep reminding us that it truly is WE...   as in the whole LVAD support team......


3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Everything is going so well.........I can close my eyes and even visualize the two of you going through the steps together. SO what't the movie going to be? smile..........hugs............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can feel relaxed. And yes Pizza/Dinner and a movie. Keeping the positive. Hugs love you my dear big brother ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the "we" is working! Both you and Larry are doing great! You do not seem the least bit intimidated by the workings of Larry's new "equipment!" I am so proud of you, and so proud of Larry for his amazing positive attitude! He has been through so much; I am so happy that he is seeing a good outcome from all of this. Love you! Stay in touch. I am here if you need me...running errands, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.