Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Our Tori was giving us a cool lesson this morning...

 this was just after the driveline dressing change, so I was beyond stressed and trying to be cool.....   i wasnt...  she was going over the machinery...  which I do not like....  she was showing me how to change a controller....  BUT she kept stressing you should never have to, and only with one of us talking you through it in the phone....   anyway, we got through that lesson...

And I should say, we have to carry that along WHEREVER we go....  along with extra batteries... ALWAYS.....

Anyway.  Next lesson. On her model, There was a clear line with it that actually pumps water in it.. she was crimping it off trying to let ne hear what a low pump alarm sounds like....  when dang... the end came off and water was pooling all over the hospital table...  she was so cute...  like damn that isnt ever gonna happen to you...

We had to laugh....  her face was priceless....  i already love our new LVAD family...   the day desk clerk decorated a pilliw for Larry, she does one for each VAD patient... they all truly consider their patients to be family... love it...  even a bad cold can be really serious for a VAD..

I finished unloading the rest of the stuff from the RV today...  i heard that the sunrise is spectacular from Larrys room... his entire wall is windows...   the few days I was up here early this week, it was cloudy....   maybe I can get him to take a photo.....


2 comments:

  1. So glad they are family there.......it will make it easier to call with questions and support! Your doing an amazing job Di; Hunter and I are so impressed with everything your doing and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a long message and lost it! I was at the doctor's office when you called, and you said not to call back. I am so happy that you both will be going home on Friday. Get settled in, and stay in touch! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.