Friday, March 3, 2017

Well the RV is back, my pups are back... so that means unpacking....  will get that done in the morning..... not really that much...as most if our stuff in there is duplicates.....

As far as visitors...  it will be a few weeks..  he is still in the CVICU... cardio-vascular ICU...
There are not even telephones in those rooms...   his kidneys are recovering slowly from the heart attacks, but they are improving....   he is on more tubes than he was before...  and the risk of infection is always present....  right now, they are letting me come and go as I want, but next Tuesday and Wednesday even I will be restricted to short visits 4x a day..  then after that I can become a tegular again, as I will be his main caregiver... learning to change dressings, etc.

So NO visitors probably for 2 more weeks at least....  no phone calls, because there is no phone.  I keep mine silenced because of the other people in the unit...

They are getting him up to a chair, and he takes his waljs around the nurses desks several times a day....  his sodium and pitassium are extremely low, so his diet isnt restricted, but his fluid intake is....  for example he wanted an arbys roast beef for dinner tonight....  all approved...  sugar has been as high as 400's, but they are getting that under control......

But, i have never seen him as optimistic about his health as he has been this week.....  we have already met the VAD Coordinators that will become his primary care staff.  The VAD social worker, the VAD dietician, havent yet met the home health care nurses...  but we will...  the support is awesome...


Lol.  I forgot to mention.  Bob has given LitaBit and QTπ new nicknames.
   Thelma and Louise.  

3 comments:

  1. I love how wonderful they all seem to be. I believe that's so important! Glad Larry is constantly improving and excited that your future looks so much better; happier and full
    of the wonderful love you two share! Sending prayers, love, and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, you know me. I cannot let this slip by. You stated that Larry is walking around the nurse's desks several ties a day. Is that like the vulture circling the young prey? Gees Larry.

    Happy to hear all is going well, rig back, pups back, etc, etc.

    Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.