Thursday, July 6, 2017

Reese Cup....

Larry went with me today to Kroger.  He knew he needed to get out....  all was fine, he used his cane from the jeep to get a cart/buggy.... and we were doing great...  I buy more when he is with me, because I go slower, and I see more.....

About 2/3 of the way done, I looked around and he was eyeing a candy display... reese peanut butter cups.......  next thing, he ripped it open and began eating...  he had a sugar drop....  thank goodness he ate it, when we got home it had come up to 85....  had trouble scanning the wrapper, as he had torn the bar code....

Our visit with the new endocrine doctor was not satusfactory to either of us...  not at all pleased with his manner, his trying to sell his book, his tests with only 7 results from 13 vials....  still have no idea what they did with half of them....  and he totally changed Larrys insulin with very poor results, more highs and lows in a werk than in the last month.   So told our LVAD coordinator we were not going back to him....

Anyway, I took a good nap after a little episode of my own, offering no details,  but yes I am ok...

Oh.....  one more thing.... got a letter in the mail from our neighborhood association asking us to please finish our landscaping project before the end of July........   ha....  the house next door to me has been empty and abandoned for 3 years, had squatters for 3 years, and I get the letter...
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.......  not yet....

2 comments:

  1. Good job Di. With your connections at LR hospital and the doctors that you have complete faith in, they should be able to direct you to someone new. Don't mince words trying to be politically correct when discussing your dissatisfaction with the doctor you are not returning to. Your proactive mentality will serve you well.

    Don't be afraid to discuss the issues with your HOA leadership board. You have bigger fish to fry right now. Your pride in ownership should be obvious to any of your neighbors. This "glitch" in your landscaping schedule has adequate reasons for its delays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez are you kidding me??? I would make a call to the HOA - I am with Steve if they know what is going on (tell what your comfortable with) they will understand I am sure.

    Sounds like new endocrine doctor needs to re-write his book right after going back to school!

    Hope you are doing ok today after yesterday!!! Sending hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.