Sunday, March 5, 2017

Today almost seemed like a normal Sunday afternoon....  Larry was sitting in his bed, and I was sitting beside him using my knitting spool to make a new collar for QTπ.  Just enjoying being with each other and chatting...  about mostly nothing and everything....

His kidney functions are even better today, so all of that will make for better outcomes on Tuesday...
Larry said today he is getting anxious,  like waiting for Christmas to get here...  he is so ready for this new procedure...

I just cant say enough about how great this unit...  i finally asked today what they do...  i have been trying to figure out the difference in the CVICU and the CCICU....   the CCICU is the Coronary Care ICU, they take care of most heart patients like heart attacks and is often a longer term unit.  The CVICU, CardioVascular ICU is a smaller unit.  They only have heart surgery patients, like Larry will be.  He will stay in this unit for about a week, with each nurse only having one or maybe two patients to care for....  it is a smaller unit with only 15 rooms.. only 6 were occupied this weekend,,,,  because they do not take other heart patients....

The doctors are also really personal.....  the first night the doc we saw was listening to my "report" on his cinditiin, and finally asked me..... are you a nurse?   I laughed and said no, but my sons and their wives are doctors...   he was back in today, and he was doing so e measurement with the "swan" catheter that is still in his neck....  he saw that I was curious, so he proceeded to explain it to me.  He drew a pic of a heart on the white board while explaining, and Larry said, wow, even I understood that....    this same doctor was asking Larry about his Ipad pro, which he had been using when the doc walked in......   super guy....

Today was changing of the line day....  i couldnt help myself...  the tubes were interesting....  






4 comments:

  1. Super excited for tomorrow (to hear which he is getting) and Tuesday of course!!! Thinking of you guys constantly with an on going prayer in my heart ❤️. Hunter asks me a few times a day for any updates. We send our prayers and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are still with you. Tell Larry that I said, "You go, Larry!" He is ready, and time can pass so slowly when you have to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a painting of tubes in your future. It's so nice to hear things are going better. Love you guys so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a painting of tubes in your future. It's so nice to hear things are going better. Love you guys so much

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your post.